After a Covenant Not to Sue over Earlier Patents, Theta IP Takes Aim at Samsung Again
Theta IP, LLC has filed a second suit against Samsung (6:20-cv-00160) more than two years after the first one, filed in 2016, ended in both a dismissal with prejudice from the district court and a covenant not to sue filed with the USPTO. The newly asserted patents, from the same family as those previously asserted, generally relate to reducing power dissipation in wireless transceivers. In a sure sign of the times, where the 2016 suit against Samsung was filed in the Eastern District of Texas, Theta IP filed this past week’s case in the Western District of Texas.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics