Plaintiff Connected to Private Equity Firm Hits YouTube over Video “Cards”
Multipop LLC (f/k/a The Shadow Gang, LLC) has filed its first lawsuit, accusing Google (YouTube) (6:20-cv-00147) of infringing a single patent generally related to displaying content on top of a video according to a designated time and duration. The plaintiff has targeted YouTube’s support for overlaying “cards” on videos and displaying end screens for videos. State records suggest that a private equity investment firm stands behind Multipop and its new litigation.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics