NPE Tags Lyft in Campaign Asserting Patents Received from Daedalus
With a suit against Lyft (6:20-cv-00156) filed in the Western District of Texas, Quartz Auto Technologies, LLC has expanded the ridesharing campaign it launched last month with a case against Uber (also sued in the Western District of Texas). Both suits assert former IBM patents that were among those assigned by Daedalus Group LLC to Slingshot IOT LLC—a Maryland entity associated with Quartz Auto, as well as a number of other litigating NPEs—in a transaction flagged by RPX in mid-February. Lyft and Uber are accused of infringement through the provision of their respective ridesharing apps and services.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics