Vista Peak Ventures Keeps Rolling Through Foreign Flat Panel Manufacturers
In the wake of settlements in its early 2019 cases, Vista Peak Ventures LLC (VPV) has filed suit against Fujifilm (2:20-cv-00064, 2:20-cv-00065, 2:20-cv-00066) over the provision of certain digital cameras that include TFT-LCD (thin-film transistor – liquid crystal display) panels manufactured by Japan Display or Wintek. Four early 2019 cases against TCL ended in October 2019; four against Giantplus, in January 2020, leaving active in the campaign only a set of three September 2019 suits filed directly against Japan Display. More than two dozen patents have been asserted, in overlapping subsets, across this campaign; VPV acquired the patents from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) as part of a larger portfolio of former NEC assets.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics