Germany’s VARTA Takes Further Aim at Chinese Battery Makers, Through US Companies and Retailers
Roughly two weeks after VARTA Microbattery directly sued Samsung over its provision of Galaxy Buds earphones, the subsidiary of Germany’s VARTA AG has hit Amazon (2:10-cv-00052), Audio Partnership (d/b/a Cambridge Audio) (1:20-cv-01568), Best Buy (2:10-cv-00054), Costco (2:10-cv-00051), and PEAG (d/b/a JLab Audio) (2:20-cv-00071), targeting the defendants over the provision or sale of wireless earphones (including those provided by Samsung or JLab Audio) that incorporate microbatteries sourced from either China’s EVE Energy or MIC-Power. In addition to Best Buy, the Audio Partnership and PEAG complaints add a fourth single-cell battery patent to the three asserted in each of the Eastern District of Texas suits filed so far.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics