Color Management Campaign Tags Microsoft Amid Stay to Await IPR Outcomes
RAH Color Technologies LLC has added an Eastern District of Texas suit against Microsoft (4:20-cv-00176) to its sole litigation campaign, begun in late 2010. The Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation transferred the other open cases—against Adobe, Dalim Software, and Electronics for Imaging—to the Northern District of California where District Judge Susan Illston has imposed a stay to await the outcome of inter partes reviews (IPRs) of various patents-in-campaign. RAH Color pleads that it believes the new case to be a “tag-along action” appropriate for transfer to California as well. The plaintiff asserts five of its patents, targeting Microsoft over color management features included in certain Windows operating systems (e.g., Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10) and certain Surface devices over their inclusion of various features related to color management, media capture and management, and display backlight adjustment.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics