Third Entity Across the Same Campaign Targets Smartphone User Interfaces
Earlier this month, RPX reported the formation of several entities with apparent ties to Oso IP, LLC, two of which recently filed their first lawsuits. Now, March has seen a third such entity launch litigation, hitting Samsung (6:20-cv-00180) in the Western District of Texas. American Inventor Tech, LLC asserts two patents, generally related to managing media streams through a graphical user interface, with Robert Paul Morris named as their sole inventor. The defendant is accused of infringement through the provision of smartphones that use the Android Pie 9.0 operating system and above. American Inventor Tech is one of five Texas entities to be formed under similar circumstances roughly one month ago, and the third of those to initiate litigation of Morris patents in March.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics