Recent Reissues of Patents Subject to Prior PTAB Cancellations Prompt New Suits in Optical Networking Campaign
Capella Photonics, Inc. has filed suit against Ciena (1:20-cv-00702), Fujitsu (2:20-cv-00076), and Infinera (Coriant) (2:20-cv-00077) again, accusing each of infringing two reissue patents generally related to the use of “reconfigurable optical add and drop multiplexers” (ROADMs) in optical transmission networks. Cisco (3:20-cv-01858) has also filed a Northern District of California complaint against Capella, seeking a declaratory judgment of noninfringement of the same two patents. Optical networking platforms are the accused products across the campaign, which Capella began back in February 2014 by suing the same defendants over the immediate predecessors of each of the currently asserted patents.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics