On Same Day of COVID-19 Related Mistrial in California, Finjan Files New Suit in Delaware
Finjan, Inc., a subsidiary of publicly traded Finjan Holdings, Inc., has added yet another case to the long-running litigation campaign begun back in 2006, suing Singapore Telecommunications (Trustwave) (1:20-cv-00371). The plaintiff asserts just one of the nearly two dozen patents that have been at issue throughout this campaign, the lot of them generally related to anti-malware technology. Infringement allegations target the provision of anti-malware and security software, including the Trustwave Secure Email Gateway and the Trustwave Secure Web Gateway. The new complaint comes as District Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo declared a mistrial—“based upon the current state of extraordinary circumstances due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Pandemic”—in a Southern District of California case brought against ESET.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics