Cedar Lane Continues Constant Edit of Its First Litigation Campaign, Capturing More Defendants in the Last Two Weeks
Cedar Lane Technologies Inc. continues to roll through cases in its first litigation campaign, suing Amazon (1:20-cv-00415), LG Electronics (1:20-cv-00413), and ON Semiconductor (1:20-cv-00414) in the Western District of Texas, Omnivision Technologies (1:20-cv-00541) in the District of Delaware, Panasonic (4:20-cv-01392) in the Southern District of Texas, and Skylum Software (1:20-cv-03128) in the Southern District of New York. The number of patents asserted in this campaign, in overlapping sets, is approaching half of the roughly 50 former Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) patents that USPTO records indicate that Cedar Lane holds. The patents-in-suit here generally relate to various aspects of image capture, display, and processing, with infringement allegations across the more than two dozen defendants targeting a range of products, from camera functionality in smartphones and tablets to photo editing software.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics