NPE’s Image Sensor Campaign Grows with Round of Texas Suits over Former KINGPAK Patents
As its first round of cases draws to a close, KT Imaging USA, LLC has filed a second round, suing Acer (6:20-cv-00299) and ASUSTek (6:20-cv-00300) in the Western District of Texas and Hon Hai Precision Industry (Dynabook) (4:20-cv-00333), HP (4:20-cv-00337), LG Electronics (LGE) (4:20-cv-00338), and Samsung (4:20-cv-00339) in the Eastern District of Texas. Each of the defendants is accused of infringing up to six patents—which KT Imaging received from KINGPAK Technology (f/k/a International Branding Marketing), a Taiwanese distributor of semiconductor products, including CMOS image sensors—through the provision of mobile devices that incorporate certain image sensors. Cases against prior defendants Kyocera and Panasonic were dismissed with prejudice after earlier documents indicating imminent settlements, while KT Imaging has moved for entry of a default judgment against Lightcomm Technology.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics