Bell Northern Research Asserts Heat Dissipation Patents in Second Case Against Samsung
Bell Northern Research, LLC, a Hilco Inc. (d/b/a Hilco Global) company, has added a second case against Samsung (6:20-cv-00326) to its campaign over patents received in December 2017 from Broadcom. The first case against Samsung was filed in the Eastern District of Texas, originally asserting eight of those patents; this second suit has been filed in the Western District of Texas, asserting two more. The five other cases in this campaign, begun in August 2018, were filed in the Southern District of California, where District Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo has stayed two, one each against Yulong Computer (Coolpad) and ZTE, in light of instituted trials in response to certain petitions for inter partes review (IPR); has dismissed two, one each against Huawei and Kyocera, in light of settlements; and continues to preside over the fifth, against LG Electronics (LGE).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics