In New DJ Action, Amazon Sues over Assertion of Patents Aimed at “Wireless Technologies for a Wide Array of Consumer Electronics”
- April 30, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sectors: Automotive, Consumer Electronics and PCs, Mobile Communications and Devices, Networking
Amazon (8:20-cv-00822) has asked the Central District of California for declaratory judgments of noninfringement and invalidity four patents asserted by 2BCom LLC in a litigation campaign begun this past January. The patents broadly relate to wireless communications, with an April 15, 2020 letter, a draft complaint, and other materials attached to Amazon’s complaint indicating that 2BCom has targeted various Amazon eero routers, the Amazon Tap Bluetooth speaker, various Amazon Echo smart speakers, and various Kindle Fire tablets with them. Defendants named in 2BCom’s earlier affirmative complaints include BMW, D-Link, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA US, Chrysler), Kia Motors, and TP-Link.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!