IP Edge Expands Litigation Arising from Portfolio Acquired from Cypress Semiconductor
In mid-February 2020, Texas monetization firm IP Edge LLC, through controlled entity Spindletop IP LLC, picked up five patents formerly held by Cypress Semiconductor (acquired by Infineon Technologies in April 2020) from Monterey Research, LLC, a subsidiary of IPValue Management (d/b/a IPValue). Three of those patents have subsequently been asserted in litigation through campaigns launched by IP Edge plaintiffs Celebration IP LLC, targeting chipsets that control the discharge of lithium ion batteries; Forutome IP LLC, devices that feature a programmable tri-state buffer; and Pearl IP Licensing LLC, devices that feature processors with Resource Power Management (RPM) circuits; each of which has seen defendants added over the past couple of weeks.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics