Marvell Responds to Monterey Research’s Delaware Complaint…in California
The deadline for four Marvell entities to answer, or otherwise respond to, the Delaware complaint filed against them in January 2020 by Monterey Research, LLC, a subsidiary of IP advisory firm IPValue Management (d/b/a IPValue), has been extended to May 19; however, late last week, Marvell perhaps previewed its response: in a Northern District of California complaint, Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.—the only domestic defendant (formed in California) named in Delaware—filed a complaint seeking declaratory judgments of noninfringement of the same five Monterey Research patents at issue in Delaware. The other three Marvell entities, two allegedly formed in Bermuda, the other in Singapore, do not appear as plaintiffs on the California complaint. Monterey Research’s campaign concerns a set of semiconductor patents developed by Cypress Semiconductor, with other cases active in Delaware against AMD, Nanya, STMicro, and Qualcomm.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics