IP Edge Adds a New Campaign, More Defendants to Existing Campaigns, over Former Cypress Patents Acquired from Monterey Research
By the end of April, IP Edge LLC had initiated three litigation campaigns over patents from among the five that it acquired, through controlled entity Spindletop IP LLC, from Monterey Research, LLC, a subsidiary of IPValue Management (d/b/a IPValue). The original development work for the patents was conducted at Cypress Semiconductor (acquired by Infineon Technologies this April); with those assets, IP Edge plaintiffs Celebration IP LLC (targeting chipsets that control the discharge of lithium ion batteries); Forutome IP LLC (devices that feature a programmable tri-state buffer); and Pearl IP Licensing LLC (devices that feature processors with Resource Power Management (RPM) circuits) have each begun litigation. Last week, as Celebration IP and Forutome IP expanded each of their campaigns, IP Edge launched a new one from the former Cypress patents, through Heritage IP LLC.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics