Ford Sued a Second Time over MIT Patents as Prior Case Heads to the Federal Circuit
Omnitek Partners LLC and JG Technologies LLC were not the only plaintiffs to recently add to the marked jump in litigation in the Automotive market sector seen in 2020 and recently reported by RPX. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (as patent owner) and Ethanol Boosting Systems, LLC (EBS) (as exclusive licensee) filed another suit against Ford (1:20-cv-00706) over two fuel management system patents new to litigation. The complaint follows the plaintiffs’ appeal of a claim construction order handed down in January 2020 by District of Delaware Judge Colm F. Connolly that brought the prior suit between these parties to an end, through a stipulated judgment of noninfringement.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics