Usability Sciences Affiliate Takes Aim at Predictive Website Features
USC IP Partnership, LP has filed its first patent infringement lawsuit, accusing Facebook (6:20-cv-00555) of infringing a single patent generally related to predicting the intent of a webpage visitor through a data processing engine. The plaintiff targets the Facebook News Feed, with features for personalizing that service by using “signals”, “reactions”, and “stories” to “infer the intent of visitors”. USC IP Partnership pleads that it is an affiliate of Usability Sciences Corporation, “the revolutionary usability and user experience research firm founded three decades ago by IBM alumnus Jeff Schueler”.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics