WSOU Shifts to Google, Targeting a Variety of Products in a Rash of New Suits
After taking aim at prior defendants in a spree of newly filed and refiled suits in June 2020, WSOU Investments, LLC (d/b/a Brazos Licensing and Development) has now directed its attention to Alphabet (Google) with 15 new Western District of Texas suits (6:20-cv-00573; 6:20-cv-00574; 6:20-cv-00579; 6:20-cv-00575; 6:20-cv-00576; 6:20-cv-00572; 6:20-cv-00577; 6:20-cv-00571; 6:20-cv-00578; 6:20-cv-00582; 6:20-cv-00585; 6:20-cv-00581; 6:20-cv-00584; 6:20-cv-00580; 6:20-cv-00583). WSOU asserts in each complaint a single patent from a large portfolio of assets received from Nokia (including from Alcatel-Lucent) since 2017. Together, the 15 new suits target a wide range of Google products and services.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics