IV Is Litigating as Well as Divesting
Amid all of its recent divestitures, Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV)—as Intellectual Ventures I LLC (IV I) and Intellectual Ventures II LLC (IV II)—has filed its second patent infringement suit of 2020, accusing HP (6:20-cv-00624) of infringing three patents, two of which IV pleads appeared in a presentation sent to HP in June of 2019. The accused products are printers and scanners. As with its March case against Dell (VMWare), IV has joined the flock of NPEs filing in the Western District of Texas, which became the top patent venue for plaintiffs of all types in the second quarter of 2020.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics