Expanding Campaign Zeroes In on Website Job Search Services
The Western District of Texas campaign of GreatGigz Solutions, LLC, begun in June against Microsoft (LinkedIn) (6:20-cv-00545), has since expanded to include cases filed against Angie’s List (6:20-cv-00633), GrubHub (6:20-cv-00628), Lyft (6:20-cv-00651), and Uber (6:20-cv-00652). Four patents generally related to providing employment hiring services over a network are asserted in overlapping sets across the five cases. These suits are the first for GreatGigz, but they are not the first for the inventor named on the patents and controlling the plaintiff; entities formed by Raymond Anthony Joao have waged various campaigns for years, most recently including a GPS vehicle navigation campaign, initiated in February 2020 through Joao plaintiff NavBlazer, LLC.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics