Sonos Is the First Defendant in Newest IP Edge Campaign over Patents Acquired from Empire Technology
- July 21, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sectors: Media Content and Distribution, Networking
Chimetech Licensing LLC has filed its first lawsuit, accusing Sonos (1:20-cv-00966) of infringing a single patent generally related to a sound verification system for multiple speaker devices that involves transmitting sound at a “dynamic volume level” from one device and processing the transmitted sound on the other devices. At issue in the District of Delaware complaint is the provision of the Sonos One speaker, with the Trueplay feature for tuning speaker volumes. Chimetech Licensing is an apparent IP Edge LLC plaintiff.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!