Alert Signal IP Targets Google Smartphones in New Western District of Texas Suit
After roughly a year hiatus, Alert Signal Intellectual Property, LLC (Alert Signal IP) has revived its sole litigation campaign, filing suit in the Western District of Texas against Alphabet (Google) (6:20-cv-00644) over four patents generally related to managing alerts based on a device’s velocity. Alert Signal IP targets the provision of certain Pixel series smartphones, with features for prioritizing or disabling notifications in different environments (e.g., while driving). The case against the most recent defendant, Apple, which saw the same four patents asserted, ended in an April 2019 dismissal with prejudice shortly after an unopposed transfer from the Eastern District of Texas to the Northern District of California.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics