IP Edge Opens Up a “Mesh Network” of Cases over a Former Siemens Patent
A portfolio of 30 patent assets that Siemens assigned to Texas monetization firm IP Edge LLC in October 2018 has spawned yet another litigation campaign. This past week Fairway IP LLC hit Belden (ProSoft) (1:20-cv-01057), Comtrend (8:20-cv-01409), Mine Site Technologies (1:20-cv-02264), NEXCOM (NEX Computers) (3:20-cv-05270), and TRENDnet (2:20-cv-06882) in separate complaints filed in various districts, the ProSoft case in the Eastern District of California, the Comtrend and TRENDnet cases in the Central District of California, the Nex Computers case in the Northern District of California, and the Mine Site suit in the District of Colorado. The provision of certain devices that feature mesh networking capabilities is the focus of the plaintiff’s infringement allegations.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics