Wireless Headphones Increasingly Targeted by Patent Plaintiffs
- August 7, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Mobile Communications and Devices
GUI Global Products, Ltd. (d/b/a Gwee) has filed separate suits against Apple (4:20-cv-02652) and Samsung (4:20-cv-02624) over the provision of wireless earbuds, including Apple’s first- and second-generation AirPods, the AirPods Pro, and the Powerbeats and Samsung’s Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Buds Plus, targeting features related to magnetic coupling and device control. Four related patents, broadly directed to a magnetic “portable switching device” that is coupled to a portable electronic device, are asserted in each new complaint.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!