Mazda Enters Stage Left as Hyundai Exits Stage Right, in 21st Century Garage Campaign
A quick settlement has ended the first suit of 21ST CENTURY GARAGE LLC (21st Century Garage), filed against Hyundai this past May; roughly a week after District Judge Rodney Gilstrap stayed the case in light of a notice of that settlement, the plaintiff has sued Mazda (2:20-cv-00263), also in the Eastern District of Texas. The same four patents, of disparate origins, are asserted, with Mazda accused of infringement through the provision of certain automobiles that feature the MOST (Media Oriented Systems Transport) vehicle communication system, SBS (Smart Brake System) collision avoidance systems, side impact airbag systems, and the Mazda Genuine Remote Engine Start key.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics