New Bluetooth Campaign Targets Dating Apps
- August 24, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sectors: E-Commerce and Software, Mobile Communications and Devices
Inventor-controlled Wireless Discovery LLC has sued Bumble (f/k/a MagicLab) (Badoo, Chappy, Lumen) (6:20-cv-00762) over the provision of the Bumble, Badoo, and Lumen dating apps. The plaintiff purports to assert all patents from a five-member family broadly directed to communicating personal information between users via mobile devices that are connected to each other through a “short range wireless communication protocol”; however, while one of the patents is given bare mention in the complaint, no infringement allegations, certainly none approaching the specificity of the allegations as to the other four, appear.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!