Samsung Sued over Device Interoperability
In a new Eastern District of Texas complaint, S.M.R Innovations Ltd and Y.M.R Tech Ltd. have together alleged that Samsung (4:20-cv-00641) infringes two patents generally related to “rerouting data including multimedia data” to the “most convenient” of a plurality of nearby wireless devices. The two plaintiffs, each controlled by one of the patents’ named inventors, target the provision of certain Galaxy S and Galaxy Note mobile devices over their support of Google Cast, also targeting certain Galaxy smartphones over their ability to remotely send device notifications to a paired Samsung Galaxy Watch.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics