Liberty Patents Launches Litigation over Former IV Patents Picked Up Last December
Liberty Patents LLC, an NPE with ties to several other litigating plaintiffs, has sued Acer (2:20-cv-00287), ASUSTek (2:20-cv-00288), HP (2:20-cv-00289), Micro-Star International (2:20-cv-00290), and Panasonic (2:20-cv-00291) over the provision of a wide variety of computing devices, including those that incorporate certain ARM-branded processors, support certain charging features, are Platform Security Architecture (PSA) certified, and/or use Google’s ChromeOS firmware. Three patents are asserted across the new complaints, Liberty Patents having acquired them as part of a 100-plus asset pickup from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) in December 2019.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics