DivX’s Video Streaming Campaign Moves from Services to Devices in a Trio of New Suits
With its cases against Hulu and Netflix stayed in May pending multiple inter partes reviews (IPRs), DivX, LLC has filed a second wave of suits, this one hitting LG Electronics (LG) and Realtek Semiconductor; MediaTek (including subsidiary MStar Semiconductor) and TCL (along with multiple subsidiaries); and Samsung. Each of DivX’s September 9 complaints asserts four patents, three of which are new to litigation; the accused products include video processing devices, components thereof, and digital smart televisions, as well as semiconductor devices, integrated circuits, and products incorporated into video processing devices.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics