Flexiworld Follows Up June Case Against Amazon with New Suit Against Roku
- September 14, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sectors: Media Content and Distribution, Mobile Communications and Devices
Inventor-controlled Flexiworld Technologies, Inc. has sued Roku (6:20-cv-00819) over three short-range wireless communications patents from the same 65-member family at issue in a June 2020 case, also filed in the Western District of Texas, that the plaintiff filed against Amazon. Amazon has answered the complaint filed against it, indicating to District Judge Alan D. Albright that it intends to filed motions challenging jurisdiction and requesting transfer. Flexiworld’s new complaint targets Roku’s provision of certain streaming media devices (the Express, Express+, Premiere, Streaming Stick, Streaming Stick+, and Ultra).
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!