Omnitek Expands Vehicle Navigation Campaign
Omnitek Partners LLC has added Northern District of California cases against Alpine Electronics (3:20-cv-06460) and Apple (3:20-cv-06457) to the campaign that it began in the Western District of Texas with late May suits against Ford, GM, Here Global, Mazda, Toyota, and Zhejiang Geely (Volvo). Two patents generally related to electronically generating driving directions without text entry are asserted against each of the now eight defendants. Omnitek targets the Alpine Navigation System (including models intended for installation in certain Jeep vehicles) and Apple Maps, respectively, with Apple further accused of infringement through the use of Route4Me Route Planner, a third-party navigation app available in the App Store.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics