Federal Judge Terminates Motion to Amend Judgment…in Cursive
- September 21, 2020
Category: Biotech and Pharma, In Case You Missed It
Last week, Chief Judge Colleen McMahon of the Southern District of New York made clear that she is through “making findings” in a declaratory judgment action brought by Ferring Pharmaceuticals against Reprise Pharmaceutics and Serenity Pharmaceuticals over the drug desmopressin, taking the unusual step of handwriting on the face of a brief her reasons for terminating a motion to amend the judgment to prepare it for appeal to the Federal Circuit: “I refuse to ‘pretend’ that there is a valid patent to infringe and make findings as though there were one. In fact, I am DONE making findings”.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!