In California, Telenav Seeks Declaratory Judgment for Automobile Navigation Technology
In late-May 2020, Omnitek Partners LLC launched its sole litigation campaign with six Western District of Texas suits, one each against Ford, GM, Here Global, Mazda, Toyota, and Zhejiang Geely (Volvo), followed by two Northern District of California suits in September 2020, one filed against each of Alpine Electronics and Apple. Two patents—generally related to electronically generating driving directions without text entry—are asserted against each defendant (except for GM), with the plaintiff’s infringement allegations targeting navigation software and/or related vehicle infotainment systems. Telenav, allegedly the provider of navigation technology for automobile manufacturer defendants Ford and GM, has now filed a complaint (5:20-cv-06684) seeking a declaratory judgment from the Northern District of California that it has not infringed those two patents.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics