Judge Albright Appears Ready to Try a Patent Case, Mid-Pandemic, to a Jury
District Judge Alan D. Albright has issued a new divisional standing order announcing that “bench and jury trials in the Waco Division [of the Western District of Texas] will resume as early as October 1, 2020”. The order grounds the reopening in an estimate that the “Waco Division counties have just 2.44%” of the active cases in Texas and in planned precautions once the courthouse opens up for trials, one of which could very well be Judge Albright’s first since taking the bench.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics