Former Xerox Patents, in IP Edge’s Hands Now, Spawn New Litigation and Raise Ownership Questions
Twice now, Texas monetization firm IP Edge LLC has acquired a portfolio of patent assets from Xerox (directly or from subsidiary Palo Alto Research Corporation (PARC)) from which multiple litigation campaigns have arisen. Most recently, IP Edge entity Majandro LLC picked up over 130 such assets, subsequently moving them to sister entities Fusion IP LLC, Milestone IP LLC, Paradise IP LLC, and Realm Licensing LLC for assertion. Last month, Milestone IP launched a financial services campaign, with the other three filing their first complaints this month. Fusion IP’s complaint raises questions, however, about what corporate entity actually owns two of the patents that it purports to assert.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics