Judge Gilstrap, at Samsung’s Request, Delays Start of First Solas OLED Trial
The mid-pandemic trial between Irish NPE Solas OLED Limited and Samsung, set to start Monday, October 5 before District Judge Rodney Gilstrap in the Eastern District of Texas, has been postponed. Last week, Samsung filed an unopposed motion to continue the trial because one of its “key expert witnesses, located in West Virginia, is unavailable to travel to Texas to testify live at trial. He is also unable to sit for a remote trial deposition by video”. Judge Gilstrap ordered the case “removed from the October trial docket”, with a subsequent order to calendar the trial “at a later date”. The next day, the court did issue an order, not setting trial but ruling on a host of the parties’ motions in limine and dispositive motions.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics