IP Edge Launches Fifth Campaign from Former Xerox Patents
Gladiator IP LLC, an IP Edge LLC plaintiff, has kicked off its first litigation campaign with suits against Avision (4:20-cv-07658) in the Northern District of California, Brother (1:20-cv-01461) in the District of Delaware, and Ricoh (6:20-cv-01008) in the Western District of Texas. Three patents, acquired by IP Edge in a portfolio of 133 US assets from Xerox (directly or from subsidiary Palo Alto Research Corporation (PARC)) in April 2020, are asserted in overlapping sets. The defendants are accused of infringement through the provision of certain printers and scanners, with features for wirelessly transferring scanned images for printout and restricting access to printing devices at issue. Gladiator IP’s suit against Avision raises questions, however, about what corporate entity actually owns one of the patents that it purports to assert.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics