Background for New Mobile Device Payment Suit in Texas Has an International Flair
Samsung Pay is the focus of a new complaint filed in the Eastern District of Texas (2:20-cv-00342). G. Holdings Ltd. accuses Samsung of infringing two patents (7,628,333; 9,022,294), generally related to automatically switching between “communication links” for data conveyance in a mobile device, through the provision of mobile devices that support Samsung Pay. The patents name Joel Gaillard as their sole inventor; Gaillard is described as the plaintiff’s “principal owner”.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics