After PTAB, Alice, and Other District Court Setbacks, Arendi Files Second Case Against LG Electronics
Eight years after filing litigation against Apple, BlackBerry, HTC, LG Electronics (LGE), Motorola Mobility (then a Google subsidiary), Samsung, and Sony, Arendi S.A.R.L. asked Delaware District Judge Leonard P. Stark to set trial dates (“and potentially up to seven week-long trials four weeks apart beginning in the fall of 2021”). Last week, Judge Stark denied the motion, indicating that a date for a first trial, and perhaps a second trial, will be set once dispositive motions are resolved. Also, last week, in response to a separate order limiting the scope of accused products in its case against LGE, Arendi filed a new Delaware case against that defendant (1:20-cv-01483), asserting the same search patent against a long list of “mobile telecommunication devices, mobile phones, tablets, and other products” turned-away from the earlier suit.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics