In Wake of Large Jury Award in Case Now on Appeal, Caltech Sues Dell and HP
As a January 2020 infringement verdict returned against Apple and Broadcom by a Central District of California jury is appealed to the Federal Circuit, California Institute of Technology (Caltech) has hit Dell (6:20-cv-01042) and HP (6:20-cv-01041), each with a Western District of Texas complaint. The same three patents earlier found infringed are again at issue, with Caltech suing Dell and HP over the provision of various computer products (e.g., laptops, tablets, thin clients, workstations, etc.) that comply with certain Wi-Fi standards (802.11n, 802.11ac, and/or 802.11ax), with the 12 low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes incorporated in those standards at issue.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics