Defendant Count in Cedar Lane’s Imaging Campaign Approaches 75
In November, Cedar Lane Technologies Inc. added three defendants to its longest running litigation campaign over former Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) patents, suing Nanonets (1:20-cv-01534) in the District of Delaware, Sonim Technologies (6:20-cv-01047) in the Western District of Texas, and Webfurther (8:20-cv-02176) in the Central District of California. Nanonets and Webfurther are each accused of infringing a single patent through their respective content moderation services, while Sonim Technologies is accused of infringing five patents through smartphones with certain image capture and processing capabilities. The number of defendants in this campaign is approaching 75, while the number of patents asserted nears 40.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics