Mobile Device Motion-Tracking Features in the Crosshairs of New West Texas Complaints
Context Directions LLC has filed separate suits against LG Electronics (LGE) (6:20-cv-01064) and Samsung (6:20-cv-01063), each in the Western District of Texas. A single patent is asserted in each complaint, the two patents belonging to a family of four broadly directed to using sensors to determine the “context” of a device. The plaintiff targets each defendant over the provision of devices (e.g., its smartphones and smartwatches) equipped with certain motion-tracking features.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics