HD Silicon Solutions Files First Suit over Semi Portfolio Acquired from IV
This past March, RPX noted two January 2020 assignments from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) to Innovative Silicon Solutions, LLC, an NPE formed in Texas in late 2019 by a veteran of several notable monetization firms. Innovative Silicon had yet to file suit. Since then, the company has changed its name—to “HD Silicon Solutions LLC”—and kicked off its first campaign over seven of the dozen US patents received. Microchip Technology (6:20-cv-01092) is accused of infringing those patents, which are generally related to various aspects of electronic circuits, including field-programmable gate array chips (FPGAs), integrated circuits (ICs), and processors through the provision of a wide variety of computing devices, including certain FPGAs, ICs, microcontrollers, and microprocessors.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics