2020 Assignments Suggest That Plenty More Litigation over Former OpCo Patents Is Coming
Three of the campaigns covered in this week’s newsletter concern patents that monetization firm IPInvestments Group LLC (d/b/a IPinvestments Group) received from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) beginning in late 2019, with most of those assets, numbering in the thousands, originating with operating companies before IV acquired them. As a review of select litigation in 2020 demonstrates, the acquisition and assertion of patents developed by operating companies continues to significantly drive later—sometimes much later—litigation by NPEs.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics