With No Shortage of Capital or Demand, Litigation Finance Looms Large in the Patent Space
- December 18, 2020
Category: In Case You Missed It, TPLFTag: TPLF
Throughout 2019, RPX reported on the practices of a new breed of NPEs—one with sufficient resources to acquire relatively robust portfolios of patents for assertion in expensive, often multi-front, and potentially protracted enforcement campaigns. Now, with the litigation finance industry flush with capital amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and with a number of third-party backed campaigns maturing, the full effects of litigation finance on the patent space are becoming apparent.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!