NPE’s First Campaign Hits Five Car Makers over Vehicle Infotainment Systems
Inventor-controlled StratosAudio, Inc. has filed its first lawsuits, targeting Hyundai (6:20-cv-01125), Mazda (6:20-cv-01126), Subaru (6:20-cv-01128), Volkswagen (6:20-cv-01131), and Zhejiang Geely (Volvo) (6:20-cv-01129) over the provision of vehicle infotainment systems. At issue are features for providing live-radio streaming services (including Apple Carplay), with Volvo further accused over features for scheduling car maintenance appointments. The plaintiff asserts seven broadcast media patents in each case, with Volvo separately accused of infringing an eighth patent generally related to scheduling “interactive media and events” through a media receiver.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics