Vocalife Files New Suit as Amazon Challenges Jury Verdict, Seeks Rehearing of Discretionary PTAB Denial
As post-trial briefing gets underway in the Eastern District of Texas, following an October 2020 $5M infringement verdict there, Vocalife LLC has hit the same defendant, Amazon (2:20-cv-00401), with a second suit. The plaintiff targets the identical product set, “virtual assistant smart speakers that utilize a microphone array system”, naming Amazon’s Echo products, this time with a second reissue of the same underlying patent, generally related to enhancing a sound signal by processing multiple signals from an array of microphones. The issues in Vocalife’s first case were whittled down to just post-filing inducement of Echo end users, with the new complaint alleging both direct and indirect infringement of the new reissue, dated December 29, 2020.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics