Long-Running Mesa Digital Campaign Hits Caterpillar and Microsoft
Mesa Digital LLC, an entity associated with Ortiz & Lopez, PLLC (d/b/a OL PATENTS), has expanded a litigation campaign that has already stretched past the decade mark, with suits against Caterpillar (1:20-cv-07693) and Microsoft (1:20-cv-07691) in the Northern District of Illinois. The sole patent-in-suit generally relates to a “multimedia” mobile device, with the defendants accused of infringement through the provision of smartphones that support “bi-directional data communications”, including “video and text”, over cellular, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth connections, as well as through the inclusion of core smartphone features such as a touchscreen display and a processor. Mesa Digital’s latest complaints are a departure from its recent practice of filing suits in pairs with campaign coplaintiff Ortiz & Associates Consulting, LLC (OAC).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics