IP Edge Launches Last New Campaign of 2020, Preps for 2021
Perennial top filer IP Edge LLC ended 2020 at the top of the list of prolific NPE plaintiffs for the year, closing December with another month-end flurry of complaints. Among those filings is a new litigation campaign, bringing the monetization firm’s count for 2020 above 30: IP Edge plaintiff Gridley IP LLC sued Blackstreet Capital Management (SuperShuttle) (1:20-cv-01742), Flywheel Software (1:20-cv-01738), HopSkipDrive (1:20-cv-01741), and Zum Services (1:20-cv-01743) over features related to tracking and gathering the location of riders and drivers through the defendants’ respective ridesharing services and apps. Empire Technology Development LLC, the source of the patents that Gridley IP asserts, is but one of the entities from which IP Edge has drawn its many campaigns—and the monetization firm has yet to litigate most of the hundreds of patents that it picked up last year.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics